We fancied some homemade ribs with BBQ sauce and thought we’d share the recipe as was so tasty. Get your #anythingyoucaneaticaneatvegan ready. We used this recipe for the vegan ribs and the following for the barbecue sauce.
Barbecue sauce Recipe
- Two tablespoons vegan butter
- One small onion, finely chopped
- One large red chilli, minced
- Four cloves garlic, minced
- Two cups ketchup
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- Two tablespoons yellow mustard
- Two teaspoons chili powder
- Two tablespoons liquid smoke
- One tablespoon granted 100% cocoa
Melt the butter then add onion, garlic and chilli until browned. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until thickened. This is a formidable foe so you will need to stir frequently. Once it has reduced bliz and enjoy.